Sundays are for waffles or pancakes.. Yesterday (sunday) I met my friend Sarah (follow her delicious foodblog here) for breakfast and we decided to make some waffles. Making some regular waffles would be boring so we also created some grey and brown ones and added loads of different toppings. Find the recipe below!
(serves 2 people if you want to make some more just double the amount of all of the ingredients)
· 100g butter
· 60g sugar
· 2 eggs
· 175g flour
· 1tbsp rum
· 1tsp vanilla seeds
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 70 – 100ml water (add slowly whilst mixing)
· acai powder
· cocoa powder
· fruits you like (we used a banana, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranates and goji berries)
· syrup or sauces you like (we used soy yogurt, chocolate sauce and almond butter)
· nuts or other toppings you like (we used shredded coconut, shredded almonds, chopped pistachios, puffed quinoa and dried pomegranate powder)
How to make it:
· Turn on the waffle iron and let it heat up while you prepare the dough.
· Mix all of the ingredients. The dough should not be too runny, add the water slowly and stop when you think it has the right texture.
· Divide the dough into 3 bowls and set two of them aside. Now add the acai powder into on of the bowls. Stir until the powder is evenly dissolved into the dough. Add as much powder as you like (depending on how light or dark you want the colour of the dough to be). Do the exact same with another bowl of dough and the cocoa powder.
· Bake the waffles until the setting of your iron tells you that they’re done.
· Now serve the waffles with all of your favourite toppings such as fruit, nuts, ice-cream or icing sugar.